Monday, August 23, 2010

Windy Flats Wind Farm

Here are a few of the pictures I took at Windy Flats, a wind farm owned by Cannon Power group, having Siemens wind turbines.


These units are fairly new, a little less than a year old. The crew at Windy Flats was welcoming, and informative. We were able to climb to the first landing. Not very far, but it was exciting. That was my first ladder time. I'm jazzed to get to the top. Hello! Climb test!




The landscape around this wind farm is impressive. Conditions can be harsh. They have cold winters, and hot summers. I was very impressed with both Cannon Power, and Siemens. One of the reasons that I am excited to work in wind, is the positive attitudes of the employers and employees that I have come in contact with.



No comments:

Post a Comment