Monday, May 7, 2012

Fastenal career in forward motion

I began working at Fastenal in Lakewood, WA 5/31/11.
I was hired into the packaging dept. After about 2 weeks I was moved to material handling where I could use my inventory skills.
As a material handler, I stocked carton-flow racks by hand from a pass-through rack. I was taught by excellent staff. I have kept a positive attitude. I enjoy my career. I have also become very lean and fit physically which is a nice side-benefit.

After 2 months or so, I received forklift training and learned how to use two kinds of forklifts. I have been driving ever since.
Using a restock report and a lift I carry pallets of product from overstock to the carton-flow rack. I organize and replenish pass-through racks. This job is also very physical.

My early education and career in GM's parts system has made me an excellent material handler. I have enjoyed my time at Fastenal. I am thriving doing this work.

I am currently training new hires into the material handling department. It takes a lot of work for a starting salary job, but everyone I have met who thrived there has been promoted. I believe Fastenal is onto something.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete