Monday, May 28, 2012

Leadership

I started 5/21/2012 in Fastenal's K-hub Receiving Department. I was hired in as a Team Lead. This job has been a fun extension of my material handling experience. I have explored new depths of our software suite, and begun attending my Outlook throughout the day. I am raising and lowering most of the freight into and out of our department using stand-up lifts. Friday I learned how the bay doors have routing i.d.'s and freight is staged around and above the bay that they will be loaded into.

This job is fun and challenging. I am exploring what it means to be a leader, and having very proactive, successful conversations with my partner about being our best selves and growing in the workplace.

I have come to a realization. It's one of those words I could have given a dictionary definition of since I was in elementary school, yet it hit me like a truck when I got the meaning; Accountability.
I have found that it is the Golden Key that unlocks the Golden Lock of effectiveness.

As I strive to learn more about accountability through practice, I find deeper truths. Bless this Journey. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment