Thursday, March 25, 2010

Intro to Wind

This last week has required lots of studying. We have been learning about Rigging, preparing a load for lifting/hoisting. We are studying cranes, hoists, slings etc.
It is a very in-depth study, with plenty of applied math. We have been calculating load angle loss, crush force, mechanical advantage, and lift-force ratios.
There is not much to tell here, without teaching the material. It is important to know for my work in the field.
Tomorrow we are doing our rigging final, and Monday is our Rigging Practical test.
Some of next week should be a little slack with some prep-work for my next segmant which is electrical.
The education breakdown is in 6 one month segments;

Intro to Wind
Electrical
Mechanical
Hydraulics
Program Logic Controllers
Metallurgy

The more I learn about this occupation, the more hopeful I get.
I am open to maintainance, and interested in being a technician, as well as construction. All branches seem to be exciting.

From my time in High Adventure (scouting), I have some rock-climbing experience. Turbine Technician work looks a lot like that. Wearing a body harness, a technician is working with ropes and lanyards, minding fall protection and safety equipment at all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment