Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My journey starts here:

I am from Olympia, WA. I found nw-rei on the internet after being tipped off about the wind industry. I just started to google around. The biggest reason I initially checked into it is its proximity to my home. When I requested more info from the school on their automatic contact email, Julie Reppen called me the very next day on my cel, and was a very proactive recruiter.

From that day, I think it was no more than 2 weeks that I was accepted into the program. My life has been a whirlwind ever since.

I started my first week at NW-REI March 8th. There is not much to tell about the first week... orientation, student handbook, Math placement test, Physical test.

This week starting March 15th has had a lot more substance. We started the "Intro to Wind Tech" portion of the month. There have been several hours of fascinating slides and periods of class discussion. We had a visit yesterday from Mike Merrick. He has many years of dedicated work in the wind industry. His classroom discussion in lively, dynamic, pointed, and informative. Nothing compares to a teaching style developed from raw experience.

Today my class has a quiz on the last two days of information. We will get more information tonight and tomorrow, and quiz again on Friday.
I'll try to post the two internet labs my group put together. The photos are probably copyrighted, and I apologize for snipping them for this purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment